czwartek, 8 marca 2012

My own Pantheon

It's the first time that I wanted to start a post and the first words that came to my mind were in French. I had never imagined that it would happen, but it's a nice feeling, even though I'm not sure if they were gramatically correct. Nevermind, even my English has a lot to be desired. But it's not what I wanted to write about. Neither the title indicates it, but maybe. Well, since it's almost two weeks that I started my internship at the uni I might do some summer up. And the first thought is that as from window of my office I have quite a nice view of Quartier Latin, now not only am I attached to Tour Montparnasse and Parc Montsouris (which I see from my room at CiteU) but also to Pantheon. So it's more like Paris, although it's still not the Eiffel Tower :)
By this light introduction, I wanted to bring you up to date with my Paris life. By God's grace I 've got an internship concerning biostat's project that means something I would like to do in my future (if I am ever to work professionnally). I find it a great opportunity to find out if I really will be able to work in it. It's too early to make any conclusions but it's getting better each day. I notice God's blessings in everything - the subject of the internship, my colleagues and superior, having the internship and lectures in the same corridor, even in dealing with formal stuff like social security number (because here, in France, such simple things like filling papers grow into a big problem, but anyway, bureaucracy is a French word, isn't it?).
I am so grateful that I can see life in bright colors again, because recently I struggled with it. Yet, the problems didn't go away, but I am learning how to find my peace in Him, no matter the circumstances. Or even more, when the circumstances are unfavorable. In this kind of test of my faith I see more and more that the best solution is to staying awake in His arms. The great amount of distractions that each day brings about remind me that we need to be well equiped with wisdom and love to make the day a good one.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz